The following enforcement division information is available to you through our web site.
Sheriff Sales Information
What is a Sheriff’s Sale?A Sheriff’s Sale is a sale of property by the Sheriff under authority of a court’s writ of execution in order to satisfy an unpaid obligation.
The Sheriff is responsible for conducting the sale of properties,which have had foreclosure proceedings filed by the mortgage holders through the court system. When an order to sell a property is received from the court, the Sheriff’s Department will schedule the sale, provide appropriate notifications, legal publications, and conduct the sale. Terms of sale are:
- All bids, other than from the plaintiff, are by cash or Certified Cashier’s Check and must be made payable to the Noble County Sheriff. Personal checks will not be accepted as payment. All moneys from bidders, other than the plaintiff, are due at the time of the sale for the full purchase amount.
- The plaintiff, through their attorney, may submit their bid in written form, prior to the sale. The plaintiff’s attorney is required to provide all legal documents necessary to complete the sale (Deed, Clerk’s Return, Sale Disclosure Form).
- All bidders, other than the plaintiff, must be present at the time of the sale.
- Permission to inspect the property prior to the sale can not be given. All properties are sold as is. It is the purchaser’s responsibility to research all liens, property taxes and title searches.
- Unless otherwise posted, all Sheriff’s Sales will begin at 2:00 p.m. and are conducted at the Sheriff’s Department. Sales last from 3 seconds to 2 minutes. DO NOT BE LATE!
- All Sheriff’s Sales are posted on the Legal Bulletin Board at the north door of the Courthouse and published in the Albion New Era. Postings are also available for review at the Noble County Sheriff’s Office.
- Any inquiries can be made during normal business hours by calling 260-636-2182
A listing of properties scheduled for Sheriff’s Sale is available at the Sheriff’s Department or you can download it in Microsoft Excel Format HERE.
Did You Know???
We offer career opportunities.
Support Services Information Links
Learn About Our Support Services