Noble County Sheriff's Department, Douglas A. Harp - Sheriff; Albion, Indiana Noble County Sheriff's Home Page About The Noble County Sheriff Contact Information Career Opportunities Frequently Asked Questions Links Indiana's Most Wanted Indiana Sex Offender Registry Indiana Department of Correction SAVIN and ALERT Notification Service

Obtaining VIN and HIN Checks

How do I obtain a Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) check or a Hull Identification Number (HIN) check for my watercraft?


VIN/HIN checks are by appointment only and can be scheduled by calling the Sheriff's Department at (260) 636-2182. Normal VIN/HIN check hours are Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Holidays are excluded.


Have in your possession the proper paperwork for the vehicle or watercraft to be checked, including the blank affidavit issued by the License Branch for the officer to complete.



read moreDid You Know??? We offer career opportunities.